The double-acting DP pneumatic piston is a two-component seal design consisting of a metallic supporting element with a vulcanized guiding ridge and sealing lips. The complete piston performs three functions: sealing, guiding, and end-position cushioning.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Cushioning buffers on the piston´s front faces with integrated ventilation ducts provide for mechanical cushioning of the cylinders.
- Multi-functional element: seal, guiding, and cushioning element.
- Immediate response (full pressure load) thanks to incorporated venting channels.
- Good wear resistance.
- Ideal corrosion protection thanks to complete elastomer covering.
- Smooth running due to optimum adjustment of the functional lips.
- Easy attachment to the piston rod without additional sealing elements.
- Easy installation due to integrated static sealing function.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selections.
- The low assembly height of the complete piston enables the short cylinder designs.
- Versatile complete piston for nearly all cylinder designs.
Range of application
Complete piston with end cushioning for double-acting pneumatic cylinders provided that no excessive lateral guidance loads will occur (long strokes and buckling).
|Operating pressure||≤ 12 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
The standard compound is an NBR-based elastomer with a hardness of approx. 71 Shore A and vulcanized to a metal disc.
The profile DP pneumatic complete piston should be fixed to the piston rod with a locknut to avoid loosening. For use with dry and oil-free air, the piston and cylinder tube must be relubricated with a suitable long-life lubricant.