The single-acting pneumatic complete piston DE is a two-component seal design, consisting of a metallic carrier with a vulcanized guiding surface and sealing lip. The complete piston performs two functions: sealing and guiding.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Immediate response (full pressure load) thanks to incorporated venting channels.
- Good wear resistance.
- Ideal corrosion protection thanks to complete elastomer covering.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Easy attachment to the piston rod without additional sealing elements.
- Easy installation due to integrated static sealing function.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selections.
- Also available as a double-acting version.
- The low assembly height of the complete piston enables the short cylinder designs.
- Versatile complete piston for nearly all cylinder designs.
Range of application
Complete piston for single-acting pneumatic cylinders with and without end position cushioning, provided that no excessive lateral guidance loads will occur (long strokes and buckling).
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
The standard compound is an elastomer (NBR-based) with a hardness of approx. 71 Shore A and vulcanized to a metal disc, resp. 78 Shore A for diameters > 100 mm.
The profile EK complete piston is fixed to the piston rod with a locknut to avoid loosening. For use with dry and oil-free air, the piston and cylinder tube must be relubricated with a suitable long-life lubricant.
It must be assured that the sealing lips do not touch the cylinder bottom and the cylinder cap at the limit stops (see also dimension „Ø dm“).