The Z7 pneumatic piston seal is a U-ring with an integral guiding surface for single-acting pistons, ensuring high sealing performance due to the seal lip design.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Multi-functional sealing element. The guiding area at the sealing element performs the guiding function in the cylinder. However, due to its geometry, the sealing element is not suitable for the absorption of high radial forces or long strokes.
- Prevents metallic contact between the piston and cylinder. Ideal for light-metal and plastic cylinders (ridging).
- Good wear resistance.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Easier installation.
- Assembly on the one-part piston is possible.
- High-temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Installation in open housings with retaining collar.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
Standard: N3578, NBR Compound (≈ 75 Shore A).
For low temperatures: N8602, NBR Compound (≈ 70 Shore A). For high temperatures: V3681, FKM Compound (≈ 80 Shore A).
The profile Z7 pneumatic cylinder seals can be easily mounted by pulling them over the one-piece piston.
Care should be taken that all edges are chamfered to avoid seal damage.