The Parker Prädifa E4 piston seal is a lip seal specifically developed for use in pneumatics. The dimensions of the standard series correspond to the cylinder diameters according to ISO 3320, CETOP RP 52 P, RP 43 P, and RP 53 P.
The Parker Praedifa E4 piston seal is available in both Ultrathan® and rubber compounds. The Ultrathan® versions are extremely resistant against wear and pressure peaks.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Suitable for cylinders with dead-center cushioning.
- Good wear resistance.
- Long service life thanks to application-optimized compounds.
- Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Easier installation.
- Suitable for fully automatic installation.
- Assembly on the one-part piston is possible.
- High-temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Installation in closed housings.
- Special seal geometry ensures optimal function even in case of flow-controlled exhaust air.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
Standard: N3578, NBR compound (≈ 75 Shore A).
For low temperatures: N8613, NBR compound (≈ 80 Shore A). For high temperatures: V3664, FKM compound (≈ 85 Shore A).
The profile E4 lip seals are simply pulled over the piston into the groove. To avoid damaging the seal lips during installation, sharp edges should be removed from the piston and the cylinder tube.
Under oil-free conditions, is important to obtain a solid lubrication film inside the cylinder tube. This must be achieved before assembly to ensure a long service life of the seal.
For piston guidance,we recommend the profile F2 piston guidance tape. Please refer to our profile F2 for details of the piston outside diameter and the gap measurements.
|D||d||H||Order code||D||d||H||Order code|