The Z8 cylinder seal is a single-acting U-ring for pistons in pneumatic cylinders and valves. It is characterized by small axially installed dimensions. The standard range of the Z8 product series conforms to the cylinder diameters acc. to ISO 3320 and CETOP RP 52 P, RP 43 P, and RP 53 P.
The Z8 product series is available in both Ultrathan® and rubber compounds. The Ultrathan® versions are characterized by extremely high resistance against wear and pressure peaks.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
- Extreme wear resistance.
- Low static and dynamic friction thanks to the miniaturized design.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Easier installation.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Installation in closed and undercut housings.
- Low compression set.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-35 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
Standard: P5007, Ultrathan® (TPU) compound (≈ 82 Shore A).
For low temperatures: P5075, Ultrathan® (TPU) compound (≈ 80 Shore A).
Profile Z8 piston seals can be easily mounted into the grooves by simply pulling them over the piston. To avoid damaging the seal’s sharp edges should be removed from the piston and the cylinder tube.
For oil-free operating conditions, it is important to obtain a full lubrication film inside the cylinder tube before assembly to ensure the long service life of the seal.
For piston guidance, we recommend our profile F2 piston guidance tape. For dimensions of pistons and clearances, please refer to our profile F2.