The Parker Prädifa EP pneumatic rod seal/wiper and guiding element for piston rods of pneumatic cylinders perform three functions: sealing, wiping, and guiding. The Ultrathan® compound is characterized by extremely high wear resistance. The multi-component design of the EP profile with an aluminum cage enables very easy installation by axial press-fit into the cylinder head.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Multi-functional element: seal, wiper, and guiding element.
- Extreme wear resistance.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Simple fabrication of the housing.
- Short radial assembly depth.
- Low compression set.
- The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favorable friction coefficients and long service life.
- Multi-functionality provides warehousing cost benefits.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-35 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
The profile EP pneumatic rod seal, wiper, and guidance system are made of a polyurethane compound (Ultrathan® P5008) which we process in-house to ensure consistent quality.
The advantages of this compound are the high resistance to wear, the excellent compression set, and the extended temperature range in comparison to conventional polyurethane compounds. The supporting / reinforcement part is made of an aluminum alloy chemically bonded to the polyurethane compound. Reinforcement parts made of other materials are available on request.
Profile EP is pressed into the bore and retained by a press fit between cylinder housing and an aluminum ring. Care should be taken that neither the scraper nor the sealing lips are damaged by sharp edges during installation. When pressing the sealing element into the groove, pressure should only be put upon the metal part. During a normal cylinder life span, replacement is not necessary. However, disassembly is possible after dismounting the cylinder head and forcing out the seal.