The Parker Prädifa EM rod seal/wiper ring for pneumatic applications is a proven combination element for sealing piston rods in compact pneumatic cylinders and valve lifters. The special design using a wear-resistant Ultrathan® compound enables installation in the smallest grooves for extremely low break-away and dynamic friction.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
- Extreme wear resistance.
- Low static and dynamic friction thanks to the miniaturized design.
- Smooth running due to optimum adjustment of the functional lips.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Short axial assembly length.
- Short radial assembly depth.
- Installation in closed and undercut housings.
- Low compression set.
- The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favorable friction coefficients and long service life.
Range of application
Rod seal/wiper for mini-pneumatics.
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +80 °C|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
Standard: P5010, Ultrathan® (TPU) compound (≈ 90 Shore A).
For low temperatures: P5009, Ultrathan® (TPU) compound (≈ 94 Shore A). For high temperatures: V3839, FKM compound (≈ 90 Shore A).
The self-retaining Parker Praedifa rod seal/wiper profile EM is manually or automatically snapped into the installation housing while the piston rod is disassembled. Care is to be taken to prevent sharp edges from damaging the wiping and sealing lips during assembly. Initial lubrication is the prerequisite for a very long operational life.