The self-retaining Parker Prädifa pneumatic rod seal/wiper set profile E8 for piston rods in pneumatic cylinders combines three functions:
Sealing, wiping, fixing. The split design of the sealing set allows the optimal adaptation of the materials to the requirements of the individual component (wiper and/or seal).
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
- Good wear resistance.
- No risk of corrosion since the combined retainer and wiper part eliminates the need for additional wire circlips.
- Long service life due to coordinated geometries of the functional lips and compound selection.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- High-temperature resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Product geometry prevents dirt deposits at the front face of the cylinder.
- Identical housing for E7, E8, E9, EU, EF, EN, EW, and ET.
- Installation in open housings.
- The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favorable friction coefficients and long service life.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +80 °C 1)|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
|1) For higher temperatures, see profile E9.|
The sealing part of the profile E8 pneumatic rod seal/wiper is made of a special SFR® elastomer N3580 (NBR-based) with a hardness of approx. 80 Shore A.
This compound has excellent running properties, especially in the semi-frictional area. The profile EA fixing/scraping part is made of the highly wear-resistant W5035 plastic material.
The Parker Praedifa pneumatic profile E8 rod seal/wiper set is fitted into the housing by means of a circlip recess according to DIN 7993 (type B). The sealing part is pushed in and fixed by the EA retainer/wiper, which snaps in easily. During assembly, care should be taken to ensure that neither the scraper nor the sealing lips be damaged by sharp edges.
In case the seal/wiper set needs to be exchanged, this can be accomplished without removing the piston rod if a dismantling recess has been provided for.