The Parker Prädifa EL pneumatic seal/wiper ring is a proven combination element for sealing piston rods in compact pneumatic cylinders and valve lifters. The EL product series is available in both Ultrathan® and rubber versions. The Ultrathan® versions are characterized by extremely high wear resistance.
- Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
- Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
- Extreme wear resistance.
- Smooth running due to the optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
- Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
- Short axial assembly length.
- Installation in closed and undercut housings.
- The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favorable friction coefficients and long service life.
Range of application
|Operating pressure EL NBR N3582
EL TPU P5008
≤ 10 bar
≤ 16 bar
|Operating temperature EL NBR N3582
EL TPU P5008
-10 °C to +80 °C
-35 °C to +80 °C
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil-free (after greasing for fitting)|
Standard: N3582, a special NBR-based SFR® elastomer (≈ 85 Shore A). This compound offers excellent running properties, especially in the semi-frictional area.
For low temperatures: N8613, NBR compound (≈ 80 Shore A). For high temperatures: V3839, FKM compound (≈ 90 Shore A). Standard: P5008, PUR compound (≈ 94 Shore A).
For low temperatures: P5009, PUR compound (≈ 94 Shore A).
The self-retaining Parker Praedifa profile EL pneumatic and seal/wiper is easily snapped into the groove before the piston is assembled into the cylinder.
Care should be taken that the sealing and the wiper lips are not damaged by sharp edges during installation. Initial lubrication on assembly is important for a very long service life.